Associate Professor of English, Christopher Newport University, Newport News, Virginia
• Documentary journalism. Video documentary projects— end-of-life hospice stories; "Wisdom of Age Project," documenting stories of elders (www.wisdomofageproject.org). Documentary film web site: (www.risingpress.org).
• Fimmaking. "Your Love Never Fails" (21 min.), released 2013 by Terra Nova Films
• Editing (DoubleTake / Points of Entry (Johns Hopkins University Press), a national documentary and fine arts magazine/journal: 2006 and 2007, co-editor, layout designer). Project director for a U.S. Department of Education two-year grant ($100,000) underwriting the combined journal and magazine.
• Narrative journalism. News Reporting & Writing; Feature Writing. and narrative journalism editor and coach.
• Journalism / Photojournalism. Taught for 20 years; former U.S. Air Force photographer and news photographer (and reporter), Syracuse Newspapers.
• Literature Professor. British & American Literature; dissertation on John Milton's 1667 epic poem, Paradise Lost. Jungian psychological approaches to literature.
• Book Masculinity in American literature: A New Path at Midlife: Transformative Relationship and Story for Men (Men's Studies Press, 2006). A Jungian approach to understanding the meaning of stories and films that are important on a personal level.
• Fall 2012
"Getting to Know You: Using Documentary Video-making to Challenge Ageist Stereotypes." Gerontology & Geriatrics Education 33: 272-286. (Fall 2012).
• March 2010
"Intrepid Exploring: Looking Past Fears of Short-term Memory Loss in Aging to Deploy the Brain's Long-term Memories and—Wisdom." Journal of Aging, Humanities, and the Arts 4:1-12, 2010.